Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

9/11

Biden signs executive order that moves to declassify 9/11 FBI investigation documents

President Biden signed an executive order on Friday to begin a declassification review of the FBI’s investigations into the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, ahead of the 20th anniversary.

“When I ran for president, I made a commitment to ensuring transparency regarding the declassification of documents on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on America,” Biden said in a statement.

In the executive order, Biden directed the Department of Justice to begin a declassification review with other relevant agencies regarding the FBI’s investigations into the 9/11 attacks. He also ordered Attorney General Merrick Garland to release the declassified documents to the public over the next six months.

Family members of 9/11 victims on Thursday sent a letter to the Justice Department’s inspector general regarding missing FBI evidence allegedly linking Saudi officials to the attacks. Saudi Arabia has said it was not involved in the attacks.

“We, the undersigned 9/11 Families, present this Complaint to request that the Inspector General investigate the FBI’s statements made in response to our subpoena in the 9/11 litigation that the FBI ‘lost’ or is simply no longer able to find key evidence about the individuals who provided substantial support inside the U.S. to the 9/11 hijackers,” read the letter obtained by the Boston Herald.

“The FBI lost, hid, or destroyed a key videotape showing a Saudi agent, Omar al Bayoumi, hosting a party in San Diego for two 9/11 hijackers Nawaf al Hazmi and Khalid al Mihdhar shortly after their arrival in the U.S. Hazmi and Mihdhar were known al Qaeda operatives and the first of the 9/11 hijackers to arrive in the U.S. The FBI’s claims that it cannot locate this key piece of evidence must be investigated.”

Loading

Advertisement
Comments

You May Also Like

President Trump

In a jaw-dropping economic triumph, President Donald J. Trump has secured more private investment in just 11 weeks than Joe Biden managed to bring...

Congress

A newly introduced Proxy Voting for New Parents Resolution has sparked controversy by allowing male Members of Congress to vote remotely if their wives...

White House

The Trump administration is ramping up efforts to eliminate MS-13 from the U.S., citing brutal crimes committed by the violent gang, including gang rape,...

Impeachment

House Republican leaders are hoping to press forward with plans for an impeachment inquiry against President Biden next month, sources told Fox News Digital...

Democrats

Tennessee state Rep. Justin Jones (D) ― one of the two Black lawmakers who were expelled by their colleagues in an extraordinary step earlier this year,...

republicans

MIAMI (AP) — Miami Mayor Francis Suarez on Tuesday suspended his bid for the presidency, dropping out of the 2024 race after failing to qualify for the first...

Sidney Powell

Sidney Powell, an attorney involved in Donald Trump’s post-election legal challenges, entered a not-guilty plea and said she would waive her arraignment in the...

Vivek Ramaswamy

US rapper Eminem has asked Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy to stop using his music during the 2024 campaign, according to a disclosed letter. The letter was sent...

Advertisement
Back