Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

COVID-19 Vaccine

VIDEO: VICTORY! Doug Ford announces he is cancelling Vax Passports

“We’re pulling these passports,” Ford says in the video. “We’re going to get back to normal. I can’t get you the exact date, but it’s going to be very soon. I’ll be speaking over the next few days. Friday I’m going to put out a statement. Monday I’ll be giving some dates. And we’re going to move forward.”

“Today we’re on track to very soon remove almost all restrictions for businesses as part of our reopening plan,” the premier said, citing the words of CMOH Dr. Kieran Moore, who said he was “working on a plan that will allow us to remove the vaccine passport system.”

Ford also declared a state of emergency.

“This is no longer a protest. With a protest, you peacefully make your point and go back home, and I know the vast majority of people did that,” said Ford, saying that the point has been heard, and telling those at the border crossing and in Ottawa to go home.

“I urge you, it’s time to leave, and it’s time to do so peacefully,” he said.

“There will be consequences to these actions, and they will be severe,” he said, saying that the province was cracking down on funds from the GiveSendGo.

“Today, I’m using my authority as premier of Ontario to declare a state of emergency in our province. I will convene cabinet to use legal authorities to urgently enact orders that will make crystal-clear [that] it is illegal and punishable to block and impede the movement of goods, people, and services on critical infrastructure,” said Ford, which will include international border crossings, 400-series highways, airports, ports, bridges, and railways.

“It will also include protecting the safe and essential movement of ambulatory and medical services, public transit, municipal and provincial roadways, as well as pedestrian walkways.” Fines for non compliance will be “severe,” with a maximum penalty of $100,000 and up to a year in prison, the premier said.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Loading

Advertisement
Comments

You May Also Like

ICE

Tensions escalated outside an ICE facility in the nation’s capital today as pro-Palestine protesters rallied under the banner of the “March on ICE” movement,...

Elon Musk

In a stunning display of political irony, over 20,000 protesters filled the streets of downtown Boston today to oppose President Donald Trump’s aggressive push...

Elon Musk

Tech mogul Elon Musk is once again making headlines — not for rockets or AI — but for his unapologetic warning about the dangers...

Crime

In a shocking and bizarre twist, newly released documents reveal that Christina Formella, the 30-year-old married Illinois teacher accused of r*ping her 15-year-old student,...

Transgender

In a fiery exchange on his podcast, Dr. Phil found himself under attack from transgender activist Blossom Brown, who accused the longtime psychologist of...

President Trump

President Donald J. Trump has confirmed that the United States military has carried out a targeted strike on Houthi forces who were reportedly “gathered...

Karoline Leavitt

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt delivered a fiery takedown of a federal judge who ordered President Trump to return an alleged MS-13 gang...

Crime

Authorities are on the lookout for a suspect involved in a disturbing act of vandalism on a Tesla earlier this week. The individual, described...

Advertisement
Back