Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Court & Law

Scotland yard closes sex abuse probe against Prince Andrew without charges

Scotland Yard announced Sunday night it has closed an investigation into sex abuse allegations against Prince Andrew that emanated from the Jeffrey Epstein scandal, and won’t take any further action against the royal family member.

The probe was launched when Virginia Giuffre alleged she was abused by Andrew and other men when she was 17. The prince has denied the allegations 

Giuffre is suing the prince for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was a teenager.

Metropolitan Police in London reviewed information from a U.S. civil lawsuit and from a news media organization and also interviewed Giuffre before making the decision, according to multiple reports in the British press.

“The Metropolitan Police Service continues to liaise with other law enforcement agencies who lead the investigation into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein,” Scotland Yard said in a statement. 

“As a matter of procedure MPS officers reviewed a document released in August 2021 as part of a US civil action,” it added. “This review has concluded and we are taking no further action.

“We also reviewed information passed to us by a media organisation in June 2021. This review is complete and no further action will be taken.”

Loading

Advertisement
Comments

You May Also Like

Congress

A newly introduced Proxy Voting for New Parents Resolution has sparked controversy by allowing male Members of Congress to vote remotely if their wives...

Impeachment

House Republican leaders are hoping to press forward with plans for an impeachment inquiry against President Biden next month, sources told Fox News Digital...

Democrats

Tennessee state Rep. Justin Jones (D) ― one of the two Black lawmakers who were expelled by their colleagues in an extraordinary step earlier this year,...

republicans

MIAMI (AP) — Miami Mayor Francis Suarez on Tuesday suspended his bid for the presidency, dropping out of the 2024 race after failing to qualify for the first...

Sidney Powell

Sidney Powell, an attorney involved in Donald Trump’s post-election legal challenges, entered a not-guilty plea and said she would waive her arraignment in the...

Vivek Ramaswamy

US rapper Eminem has asked Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy to stop using his music during the 2024 campaign, according to a disclosed letter. The letter was sent...

Donald Trump

Forty-fifth President of the United States, Mr. Donald J. Trump, who is the leading contestant in the 2024 presidential elections, has revealed why he...

Uncategorized

In the latest episode of Tucker’s Twitter show, Colonel Douglas Macgregor explains why the Ukraine war must end now. He also revealed that he...

Advertisement
Back