Prince Charles is isolating after testing positive for the second time, his office said on Thursday. “The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Covid and is now self-isolating.” “His Royal Highness is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will reschedule his visit as soon as possible.”
LONDON — Prince Charles has been reinfected with the coronavirus, and met recently with his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, raising questions about whether the 95-year-old monarch is at risk of contracting the virus.
The queen is not showing symptoms of Covid-19, according to an official at Buckingham Palace, who said the queen was being monitored closely. The official did not say whether the queen had been tested for the virus, nor did he offer specific details about when Charles, who tested positive on Thursday, was last in contact with her. Charles was at Windsor Castle, where the queen is currently in residence, on Tuesday for an investiture ceremony, according to a palace official.

Elizabeth received a dose of coronavirus vaccine in January 2021 at Windsor Castle, along with her husband, Prince Philip. The palace has not confirmed any subsequent vaccine doses. Charles has said that he is fully vaccinated and boosted.
In recent weeks, the queen has begun appearing again in public after a difficult stretch last fall, when she canceled a number of public engagements because of what Buckingham Palace officials described as exhaustion.